BCJV is a joint venture between Benfield Electric and CNW Energy which was created to manage the Ichthys LNG (onshore facilities) project in the Northern Territory. It is working with the EPC consortium, JKC Australia LNG (JGG/KBR/Chiyoda), to supply lighting and bulk electrical materials; LV power, control and instrumentation cable, cable ladder, cable glands; and instrument bulk materials. BCJV is providing project management services and also managing material supply to module fabrication yards in China, Thailand and the Philippines.
The key strengths of this JV are:
- Utilisation of a global supply chain to manage material supply to the many locations across Asia and Australia where this project is being constructed.
- Local support to site facilities construction in Darwin through CNW Energy.
- Local support to JKC engineering team in Yokohama through Benfield.
- Considerable experience across both JV partners in the successful execution of large scale complex mega LNG projects.
- Strong partnerships with key manufacturing partners with vast experience of LNG projects.
- Proven ability to project manage, provide technical support, logistics, supply chain management, expediting and documentation control to meet project requirements.